Friday, August 29, 2014

Happy Birthday Kenny

55 years ago, my husband was born.  He was born to two wonderful parents and he got the best of both of them.  Like his mother, his hair and eyes are dark and he has unlimited energy.  Like his father, he got his height and his gentle soul and his sweet disposition.  And 33 years ago, I was the lucky recipient of his love and attention.

Today is my husband's birthday.  It's a holiday for me.  A day when my soulmate was born (I hate that word but it's so accurate in this case).  The man who stands beside me in good times and bad.  The man who loves me in sickness and health, through thick and thin, skinny and fat.  The man who encourages my dreams and often joins me in them.  The man who trains beside me for athletic events and eats the "diet" food and never complains.  The man who rubs my back when it's tired and sore - or my ankles when they ache from carrying the weight of my body and my world.  The man who gave me two beautiful children and is the best father they could have ever hoped for.  He loves us all, with no condition.

I hope he knows what a blessing he is to all of us who know and love him.  I hope he knows that I would give my life for him.  That I am thankful for every single day I have with him.  That I still get butterflies when he walks in the room and that the best part of my day is when we shut off the lights and turn to each other in bed, find our places, snuggled together, tired, secure.

I love you Ken. I always have.  I always will.  You are a blessing in my life and I am grateful for all that you've given me - your love, you life, your strength and your heart.  I live to give you all of me.

Happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment