Thursday, April 14, 2016

Living (Part of) The Dream

34 years as an executive admin.  36 years dreaming of being something else.  I've wanted to be in the beauty industry since I was 15.  For years, I dreamed of being a hair stylist.  That changed one day while I lay on an esthetician's table receiving a facial.  So you know how the dream ends.  At 51, I finally take the leap and return to school.  I work full time and go to school at night.  Many nights I'm up until 2:00am doing homework and studying.  At 53 I lose my job and at 53, I start my new career as an esthetician.  God and the universe led me to where I am now.  Living the dream.  To say that I love my job is an understatement.  To say that I finally feel at home with my work is an understatement.  I am happy.  I am in love with my career.  I am satisfied, content and inspired.

So how does this qualify as "part of" the dream?  Because I dream so much more!  I dream of being at my perfect weight.  I dream of travel, of money in the bank, of letting go of anxiety that I'm getting older and not realizing the rest of my dreams.  I dream of triathlons and marathons and hours on the yoga mat.  I dream of clean eating and perfect health.  And I struggle with trying to reach those dreams. 

When I finally realized the dream of starting my new career, I had an epiphany...you're never too old to start again.  You're never too old to change your path.  With that thought, I'll continue my journey.  Always striving, always trying.  Always reaching for those new dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment